Gold Leaf Technologies is excited to share this $55M ESB program with our customers, and help you navigate the requirements that may allow you to receive funding up to $250,000 (CAD) per project, to a maximum of $500,000 (CAD) per company. The program is anticipated to be open to applications on February 1, 2020, and funds will be allocated on a first come first serve basis, so timely submissions are important for pre- approval.
Gold Leaf Technologies LED lighting, sensors and automation services will be eligible to qualify as approved investment projects, so now is a great time to plan energy efficient lighting and automation upgrades for your organization. The ESB program is currently accepting Expressions of Interest (EoI) ahead of the February 1, 2021 program launch, and projects that meet eligibility requirements can submit for pre-approval from November 2, 2020 to when the portal opens.
Gold Leaf anticipates being classified as an eligible contractor for this program, and we will help you navigate the ERA funding application process and help develop your project. Please reach out to us to discuss how we can design a solution to meet your needs, or work with you to help qualify your in-progress project for ESB funding.
Who can use it?
The ESB program has been designed for small- and medium- sized businesses in Alberta. With 160,000 small- and medium- sized businesses in Alberta, the ESB program can help support financial losses due to COVID-19, as well as address Alberta’s longer-term sustainability goals. By providing funding for projects that will increase energy efficiency, the province is hoping to stimulate the economy, create more than 1,400 jobs and lower emissions. The following are examples of relevant business sectors that may be eligible for the ERA program funding, including, but not limited to:
- Manufacturing Operations
- Food Processing
- Agricultural Sector
- Warehouse/Wholesale Trade
- Retail and Food Services
- Building Management Companies
- Accommodation Sector
- Energy: Oil & Gas
- Waste Management
What types of projects will be eligible?
Many different types of projects may be eligible for the ESB program funding, including, but not limited to:
- HVAC projects that include the installation of efficient boilers, hot water tanks, furnaces, pipe insulation
- Upgrades to fan and pump motors, including the installation of variable frequency drive units
- Installation of electronic building automation systems to control temperature, airflow, and even lighting across the facility
- Lighting projects that include replacement of outdated lighting systems, addition of automation, etc.
- Installation of alternate on-site power sources such as solar photovoltaic and combined heat and power systems
- May also include measures specific to industry/facility needs (restaurant, manufacturing) such as insulation/building envelope/air sealing
It is important to note that the ESB funding is not available for publicly funded institutions such as universities, schools or hospitals. To find out more or ask us any questions, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call us at +1 833-453-5323.