The Energy Savings for Business program (ESB) by Emissions Reduction Alberta (ERA) is open for submissions as of February 1, with a webinar that took place on February 2 to provide more information.
If you are thinking about installing new lights or retrofitting your existing facility, please reach out to us. As a registered eligible contractor with ERA, we can help manage your project – from pre-approval to installation.
Who can use it?
The program is designed to help the 160,000 small- and medium-scale enterprises in Alberta transition to more energy efficient technologies, as well as address Alberta’s longer-term sustainability goals. All business and non-profits serviced by an Alberta electric utility are eligible, with some exceptions.
What types of projects will be eligible?
Gold Leaf Technologies specializes in lighting and control systems and can help you with the following projects eligible for ESB program funding, including, but not limited to:
- Lighting projects that include replacement of outdated lighting systems, addition of automation, etc.
- Installation of electronic building automation systems to control temperature, airflow, and even lighting across the facility
What funding is available?
As of February 1, 2021, Energy Savings for Business is open for applications and will be providing funding for eligible Alberta businesses:
- Up to $250,000 available per project
- Up to $500,000 available per parent company
- Minimum of $1,000 incentive amount
- Up to $55 million in incentives for the entire program
What measures are eligible?
A number of lighting systems are eligible for up to a maximum of 25% of eligible expenses, including fixtures such as linear surface or suspended fixtures, or LED bay fixture replacements. Lighting controls, such as daylight and occupancy controls, are also eligible for up to a maximum of 50% of the eligible expense. See pages 14-19 of the ESP Program Measure List for more detailed information here.